RDFCC Youth/Junior Guidance Notes – Under 18 year olds
This is intended for Under 18s who wish to attend senior club events (such as time trials) and club rides, not the Junior MTB Rides or Junior MTB Time Trials.
The purpose of this guidance note is to clarify the Club’s requirements for under 18 year old riders. It is not meant to discourage anyone but is merely provided to give guidance and to demonstrate that we have considered the well being of youth & junior riders when riding with the RDFCC. If you have any questions please contact Matthew Heaman 07765 404709.
1. Helmets are mandatory for all rides.
2. For under 18’s the first time trial is to be ridden as a two up with one of the senior members of the club.
3. The parents of under 18’s are required to attend the “all” time trials ridden and sign a parental consent form. The parents are to remain at the race and may be requested to attend future events at the discretion of the committee.
4. For under 18’when riding out on a club run, the first time is to be a mountain bike ride to allow the senior members of the club to determine in an environment without vehicles, the riders ability and fitness.
5. For under 18’s when riding out on a club run, a parental consent form and medical form is to be signed before the start of the ride by the parent in company with the ride leader.
6. For under 18’s the parents are to be present on the first occasion that the youth rides out with the club and are to be told the route and time of the ride and are to provide a contact number.
7. Youth/Junior riders on club rides are to have the following:-
- Pump & Puncture repair kit
- Money for a drink/food and phone calls
- A functioning bike
- Suitable clothing
- A mobile phone and let the ride leader have their parents land/mobile number(s) in case of emergency and or require being picked up/collected.
PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE GUIDANCE NOTES ARE TO BE AMENDED IN LIGHT OF RECENT DEVELOPMENTS RELATING TO “CRB” CHECKS” & RDFCCS CLUB COACH IS CURRENTLY ATTAINING ACCREDITATION. ITEMS 4/5/6 ARE UNDER REVIEW.