The Wild Boar Chase
Sunday May 14th 2017
Start at 10:00 a.m.
The Wild Boar Chase is a popular MTB ride in the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley. You can choose your route from a 20, 26, 40 or 46 mile route.
- The Wild Boar Chase routes for 2017 have been revamped and big sections of the longer routes used in previous years have been replaced.
- The biggest change is that we are “resting” the fabulous section between St Briavels and Redbrook. Instead we will use the smashing Rookery Lane descent. We then continue on high ground above the river Wye. Riders can then choose to stay on the high ground in the Forest of Dean or descend 230m to the river Wye and relax on the Sustrans trail through the Severn Sisters gorge before tackling the Cat 3 Strava segment “4 Mile Hill” back up to the Forest.
- The riders then visit the single track in Sallow Vallets and the Worcester Lodge event field before rejoining the Small Boar and Woody Boar on the climb back to the Speech House to finish.
- A ‘short cut’ will be available for riders at 25 miles where 2 miles and an 80m ascent can be cut, avoiding the loop around the Burial Path.
- Please be aware that all routes and distances may be subject to change due to nesting birds, tree felling etc.